Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Long long long time....

It's been a very long time since I blogged. Not that I didn't have anything to write about. In fact, I have so much to share that I was exasperated by the sheer volume of information....
Hmm... where do I start? Ever since I wrote last, I have been on family way. And whatever anyone tells you about joys of being pregnant, don't believe them, not one bit. Apart from morning sickness, there's plenty more that women don't disclose. I discovered the 'joys' of a reduced bladder size, mood swings, cramps, ah and the dreaded bed rest. And more permanently, stretch marks, and tell tale marks of papules on my neck, that have made sure I don't wear anything beyond a high neck for a long long time. I wonder when these marks will fade....
For all those who say all this is worth it, well, I don't know about that. I look at my mom, and how I keep arguing with her, I don't think I'd like to have a child like me....and if I ever end up with one, I don't think we'll be able to survive one another. And if both of them are like me, God save my DH!!! Well, time clear things for us.
But one good thing that'll come out of this is that my life can finally proceed. It's been a long long suspension... Everything had to be postponed for the treatment, and then the expected pregnancy, which seemed to evade me. Not that I was disheartened or something, it's just inconvenient and irritating.... But well, now that's past.
Come January, there's a new phase on the cards, which my mom and a lot of others, have been scaring me about... I don't know how I'll handle two kids, a short temper, and my fixation with sleep... crazy, crazy crazy...
Only time will tell....
Till then, here's what I had been working on, and have since finished...
My SIL gifted me the kit, and it became a life saver, with this piece, I had less time to think about all the negative stuff....
And here's one more blanket I have finished. The yarn courtesy masi. It was really sweet of her to just give that to me!! And it looked a little bland so I crocheted a little border around, and added a few flowers. Here's the tutorial I used.


2 comments:

Deepa said...

Hi Neetika,
Glad to read a post after a long time.You've written exactly what I too felt during those seemingly 'wonderful' days!! And that coupled with my stagnating career has prevented me from going ahead with the second one :( All the sacrifices aside,I do love my girl with all my heart... :)
All the best,dear..

Neetika said...

Well, that's what I'm banking on... With twins on the way, I'm praying it all turns out to be well worth the effort...

Post a Comment