Thursday, December 9, 2010

Knitting: Lesson learnt

 I have recently started knitting, and I learnt how to read patterns. Here is what I succeeded in making...  Although I am yet to figure out how to bind off so that the rib remains straight, but this turned out fine. I mean I like it... And the colour is actually a very soft violet, but I don't know why my camera couldn't catch that color. Hmm... next skill to acquire is photography!!
Here's the pattern if anyone's interested....
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90591AD.html?noImages=

Now the fun part....
Every knitting pattern says 'be sure to check gauge' in big bold letters,and I always thought it's one of those useless instructions that every know-it-all gives just to show how important they are. And the result....

I ended up with booties which won't even fit a preemie. 3"X2"...
I don't know what I'll use them for... ,

No comments:

Post a Comment