Saturday, June 5, 2010

Crochet Tutorials

I was thinking, I'll share with you some tutorials that I used to make the afghan. Instead of making yet another tutorial, I thought I'll link to the ones that I found the easiest so that if you ever decide to make something similar, you don't have to search for it, it's all here!!

  1. Granny square: Crochet Cabana. This is the easiest tutorial I found, you may decide to advance to a more complicated granny square, but this is good for a beginner. It doesn't overwhelms so one is not put off of crochet!
  2. Attaching squares: Carina's Craftblog. There are several ways to join granny squares, but I found this one looks the most seamless. Once the afghan is complete, it doesn't looks like it has been attached, but looks like one seamless piece.
  3. Scallop Edging: You Go Girl. This is made on a pillowcase, so one even learns how to crochet on fabric!! 
If ever any of these tutorials are taken offline, I'll make my own.... but till then, why reinvent the wheel. :)
And I am sorry for no pictures, you'll have to visit the respective blogs for pics...

2 comments:

Deepa said...

Thanks for the links,Neetika. I've been too lazy to look for them..now you've found them for me,he,he.

Neetika said...

LOL!! I have loads of time on my hand so you can depend on me for lots of other resources off the Internet!!

Post a Comment